Saturday, November 7, 2009

New York State Banking License State Tax Question: NY Resident, Worked In WY... No State Tax Showed Up On W2?

State Tax question: NY Resident, Worked in WY... No state tax showed up on W2? - new york state banking license

I am a resident of the State of New York (I) my driver's license and a bank account, but in May '08 I quit my job I had in January-May in New York and moved to Wyoming to the Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming to work the summer season. This has been a contract for seasonal work, and in October I went to the park, has lived in Canada for a month, paid a brief visit to New York, then traveled the state, not in the possession of other jobs while doing so.
When I get my W2 Yellowstone, no money or information on any of the fields of state taxes.
My first question would be, as a seasonal employee, I can be for any state NY / resident tax forms part of WY? Or was legally still a resident in New York the whole time, and if so, what should I do about the W2 Yellowstone?
And why not state taxes SNY W2 shown in Yellowstone? What does this mean and what should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment